Thursday, February 17, 2011

White Balance


In the tea cup picture I used a few different editing techniques. I croped my photo to put the tea cup in the bottom right courner. I also used curves and increased the contrast slightly. I decreased the vibrance and added a dark brown vignette to the edges. Finally, I used a clone stamp to tak away a clay bear sculpture in the background. I thought it made the image too busy. These few edits made my photo pop in a still realistic way.





The gardenia leaf photo is interesting because it is taken from a worm's eye angle. I also liked the leading lines from the window and the interesting bright light from the lamp. I used curves and color balance. I also increased the exposure. I added a subtle dark olive vignette to the outter courners of the picture. I also used the photoshop clone stamp tool to remove a few leaves from the middle. I wanted the leaves to get heavier from left to right. I croped the photo to better place the leaves in the photo. I think these edits helped the colors pop and the composition strengthen.

No comments:

Post a Comment